Friday, March 15, 2019

Modern Granny Crochet Blanket

Missed Stitches Crochet - Modern Granny Afghan from Crochet Crowd

So I jumped on the band wagon a little late in the game but there's more colors that seem to keep coming out for the Caron Cakes and Bernat Pop skeins. And I have fallen in love!

It was new for me to work with yarn that changes color when I'm used to delegating the color changes of my blankets. I must say it was also refreshing to be able to work with a skein continuously without having to stop, snip, change color and then weave in so many ends!


Missed Stitches Crochet - Modern Granny Afghan from Crochet Crowd

I searched and searched for a pattern I felt would do the cake yarn justice. And I found it at the Crochet Crowd! The Modern Granny Afghan is gorgeous and so simple to make! They used one color cake skein while I used two different ones. They also used Caron Cakes. 

My blanket used Bernat Pop in Foggy Notion and Hot Chocolate. 



While I usually make my blankets and give them away, I'm keeping this one for myself! A cozy lap blanket for when I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie!


Missed Stitches Crochet - Modern Granny Afghan from Crochet Crowd

2 comments:

  1. When did you change colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must not be familiar with what a caron cake is or Bernat Pop. They are skeins of yarn, that are wound to resemble a large sweet roll. They are a type of variegated as they are multiple colors but in lengths, not all together.
      So when working with these, you'll start the skein with a color, and as you go, the color will gradually change to another. Depending on your project, this can work out really well.
      I believe there's some articles on the internet that show you how to do the math with the lengths of color to make a project where your color changes appear seamless.

      Delete