Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Joyful Easter: A Lovey Crochet Blanket Pattern



This blanket of yummy Easter colors- purple, blue, pink and yellow- was inspired by the midwife blanket. I admire filet crochet and when I found this stitch I knew I wanted to make something that would POP!


The pattern is SUPER easy, very ideal for the beginner crocheter. It's a multiple of 14 plus 17. However, the way I worked mine up with an even amount of double crochets on the ends to make the filet repeats centered, may not be the way yours works up.





Hook: 5mm/H8
Multiples: 14 + 17 (with variant)
My Finished Size: 30" x 36"
Gauge: 4in
Materials: One skein each of 4 colors of your choice.

Special Stitches: V-stitch= [dc, ch 1, dc] all in same stitch
                            Shell= [3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc] all in same stitch


ch 101
1) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across

2) ch 2, turn, 1 dc in each of next 3 dc, *ch 2, sk next 3 dc, V-stitch in next dc, ch 2, sk next 3 dc, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across to last 10 sts- ch 2, sk next 3 dc, V-stitch in next dc, ch 2, sk next 3 dc, dc in each of 3 remaining dc and in tch

3) ch 2, turn, dc in eac of next 3 dc, *shell in ch1sp of V-stitch, dc in next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in each of last 3 dc and tch

4) ch 2, turn, dc in each of next 3 dc, *ch 2, V-stitch in ch 1 of shell, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in last 3 dc and in tch

5) ch 2, turn, dc in next 3 dc, *2 dc in ch2sp, dc in 1st dc of V-stitch, 2 dc in ch2sp, dc in 2nd dc of V-stitch, dc in each of next 7 dc, repeat from * across- dc in remaining 3 dc and tch

Repeat rows 1 through 5 until the blanket is your desired length.

I did an even amount of single crochets around the edges, trying to keep it at a multiple of 6 so I could add a shell border.






4 comments:

  1. I am having trouble getting my next row of filet stitches to line up with the ones below. How many DC should I have in total after instruction 5, I get 72 plus the turning chain giving me 73 DC for the row? I originally chained 87 resulting in 84 DC after instruction 1.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One spot that may be tripping you up is the double crochets into the V-stitches. Be sure you're putting one in each double crochet OF the V-stitch as well as two in the ch2space of the V-stitch.

      Delete
  2. Shouldn't the repeat be rows 1 through 5 not 2 through 5. Your picture shows two sold rows of dc before you start the 1st row with the V stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to just now be getting to my comments. It seems Google has decided to stop telling me that there are pending comments on my posts. Thanks Google! (not)
      To answer your question, yes! You're right! I'll make the change straight away! Thanks for the catch!

      Delete