Sunday, July 28, 2019

Effortless Baby Blanket: Reboot


Happy Sunday everyone! Over the last several weeks, I've been working on this blanket as a "reboot" to my Effortless Baby Blanket (aka Soft Bobbles Baby Blanket). I found this yarn at my local Walmart and decided to give it a shot because I thought it looked very appealing.



As you can see, I did the stripe layout very different for this one and it's because of how the grey yarn has a gradient. I wanted to work with that fluctuation as best I could.



I also added shells into the last row of the blanket to make it even since it does create a sort of jagged look with the clusters. I then added this awesome border, alternating the gradient yarn and white. I got this idea from Repeat Crafter Me, using her YouTube video.
I think this border is stunning, but a bit tedious. You'll see why when you watch the video.


For this blanket, I used the same pattern as written for my Effortless Baby Blanket. But instead of stopping for "baby" size, I kept going to make it a lapghan.
I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White, Red and Anthracite




You can find my FREE pattern for my Effortless Baby Blanket below.



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you like my creations!

1 comment:

  1. lovely work! the border around looks great and is pretty 'final touch' accent :)

    ReplyDelete