Tuesday, January 7, 2020

January Blues Crochet Lap Blanket

crochet lap blanket pattern


Happy January everyone!  My favorite color is blue and sometimes I can't pull myself away from making a blanket using it. Sometimes I'll make it all blue and sometimes I'll add some other complimenting colors like in this pattern. I've been working on this crochet lap blanket here and there for a few months now and finally got it finished for a new year posting! 

crochet lap blanket pattern

At first glance, it seems like it might be a complex stitch, but it's really not! Basic double crochets and chaining is what makes the stitch pattern for this beauty! The yarn I used is my favorite brand Red Heart. My colors are Soft Navy, Light Blue, Grey Heather and Buff.

My version measures 40" long and wide enough to cross my lap. Make yours as wide as you like!


~~You can get an ad-free PDF of this pattern in the Online Shop!!~~


-MATERIALS-
  • ~One 7oz skein each of the above colors
     You can get all of them at JoAnn here--> Red Heart Yarn @ JoAnn
    And don't forget to check out their awesome coupons here--> Coupons @ JoAnn
  • ~H8/5mm Crochet Hook
     My favorite hook is from Susan Bates, with a Bamboo Handle. Look in the column to the right of this page to pick one up from Amazon! -->
  • ~Sharp Scissors
  • ~Darning needle



-PATTERN-
With Soft Navy, ch 260 loosely. This blanket is worked lengthwise.

Row 1: sc in second ch from hook, *ch 3, sk next 2 chs, dc in next ch, ch 3, sk next 2 chs, sc in next ch; repeat from * across and finish off. Weave in ends.

Row 2: With rs facing, join a new color with sl st in first sc, ch 4 [counts as 1st dc plus ch 1 throughout], dc in same st, sc in next dc, *dc in next sc (ch 1, dc in same sc)twice, sc in next dc; repeat from * across to last sc, then do (dc, ch 1, dc) in last sc


crochet lap blanket pattern


Row 3: Keeping with same color as in Row 2, ch 6, turn, sc in next sc, ch 3, sk next dc, dc in next dc, *ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, sk next dc, dc in next dc, repeat from * across, finish off and weave in ends.

Row 4: With rs facing, join a new color with sc in first dc, *dc in next sc, (ch 1, dc in same sc)twice, sc in next dc, repeat from * across.

Row 5: Using same color as in Row 4. Ch 1, turn, sc in first sc, ch 3, sk next dc, dc in next dc, ch 3, sc in next sc *ch 3, sk next dc, dc in next dc, ch 3, sc in next sc, repeat from * across, finish off and weave in ends.

I did a final row with the Soft Navy that matched the first row. I did not add any borders.




Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you try this awesomely fun and super easy crochet pattern!


No comments:

Post a Comment